[rescue] i'm in love

Devin L. Ganger devin at thecabal.org
Thu Apr 28 23:16:20 CDT 2005

on 4/28/2005 8:55 PM David Stipp wrote:

> One thing that I did find handy to do was to use netbsd pkgsrc. It's
> working out *really* well.  Basically, install a minimal Solaris
> (reduced core or something else, then use pkgsrc on top.)
> Pkgsrc is in /opt on this system.

That works fine until the pkgsrc system decides that it wants to compile
its own versions of utilities you already installed, and those utilities
crash on compile. The lack of documentation on actually using pkgsrc is
truly stunning.

Just went through that hell a couple months back on a clean Solaris 9
installation. No, thanks; it's easier to roll my own.

--
Devin L. Ganger <devin at thecabal.org>
"Aikido is based around the central precept of letting an attack take