[rescue] Sun's new policy sucks...

Charles Shannon Hendrix shannon at widomaker.com
Mon Apr 11 21:31:25 CDT 2005

Thu, 07 Apr 2005 @ 11:07 -0500, Jim O'Gorman said:

> I agree. Honestly, OBSD has the easiest installer of any Unix I have
> done. 1 CD, takes just a couple mins, and done.
>
> As much as I like solaris, the interactive installer is balls. It
> takes forever to get a machine running.

...and that's when it works.

The x86 installer is a complete fiasco.  I thought 10 was going to be
better.

Why can't a company like Sun make an installer that can compete with
the ones people do for free?

--
shannon "AT" widomaker.com -- [governorrhea: a contagious disease that
spreads from the governor of a state downward through other offices and his