[rescue] W: solaris for sparcbook 1

Bill Bradford mrbill at mrbill.net
Wed Oct 27 15:31:14 CDT 2004

On Wed, Oct 27, 2004 at 08:01:43PM +0200, Geoffrey S. Mendelson wrote:
> I have 2.6 for it. If you can get a copy of 2.7 for it, you would be
> far better off. I've never been able to find a copy, as it was only sold
> after the units themselves had been discontinued and while Sun was giving
> away Solaris for the cost of the CDs, the SparcBook version was $500.
> It's worth having though as many programs that run on solaris 7, won't
> run on 2.6. :-(

He said SPARCBook 1.  The SB1 only ran a very highly custom version of
SunOS 4.x, and Solaris was never available for it.

At one time I owned the very first SB1 that was sold to the general public
at large.  It didn't resemble the SB2/SB3 series of systems at *all* other
than the Tadpole logo.

Bill

--
bill bradford