[rescue] W: solaris for sparcbook 1

Geoffrey S. Mendelson gsm at mendelson.com
Wed Oct 27 13:01:43 CDT 2004

Walter Belgers wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Soon I will be getting a Tadpole Sparcbook 1. It doesn't come with
> media. Does anybody have a copy of SunOS/Solaris for Sparcbook 1?

I have 2.6 for it. If you can get a copy of 2.7 for it, you would be
far better off. I've never been able to find a copy, as it was only sold
after the units themselves had been discontinued and while Sun was giving
away Solaris for the cost of the CDs, the SparcBook version was $500.

It's worth having though as many programs that run on solaris 7, won't
run on 2.6. :-(

Geoff.

--
Geoffrey S. Mendelson, C.T.O. GW&T Ltd., Jerusalem Israel
gsm at mendelson.com gsm at gwandt.com
IL Voice: 972-544-608-069  IL Fax: 972-2-648-1443 U.S. Voice: 1-215-821-1838