[rescue] Sun SPARCstation Voyager battery

Barry Keeney barryk at chaoscon.com
Tue Oct 26 10:09:04 CDT 2004

On Tue, 26 Oct 2004, Goten wrote:

> Model number LIP-7 (what is actually written on the battery)
> Spare number X911A
> Lithium-Ion 14.4V 6A battery block designed for the Voyager.
>
> I have only found one site so far that actually has any in stock. Just
> under $500. :/
>
> I have one existing battery, but it refuses to charge; anyone got any ideas?

  You'll need to either have it rebuilt or rebuild it yourself.

  You'll need to open it up and see if any partnumber/info is
marked on the batteries. You should be able to find replacements
that are the same rating and size (or smaller).

  I'm in the same boat. I've got a battery pack and it's
just as dead.

Barry Keeney
Chaos Consulting
email barryk at chaoscon.com

"Rap is Square Dancing gone terribly, terribly Wrong...."