[rescue] boot / config issue between Ultra 2 and E4K

Patrick Giagnocavo patrick at mail.zill.net
Sun Oct 24 23:33:42 CDT 2004

I built an OS install the way I wanted on an Ultra 2, but am having
issues getting it working when I install the disk in an E4K (SBus IO
boards, no PCI).

Short of installing from scratch (which I am loathe to do), is there
some way I can get this working?

On the U2, the disk was c0t0d0 (s0 had root partition).

I am able to boot partway but get an error message about zs max , then
the keyboard stops working and I am unable to Stop-A .  Hooking up a
serial console gets me nothing either.

Am I just screwed, or do you have suggestions to fix?  Should a boot
disk -r fix it?

Aside: is there a way to have a "universal" boot disk for Sun machines
so that all the drivers are there?  I tried booting the U2 built disk
on an U60, no dice due to missing glm driver.

--Patrick