[rescue] Javastations

Klaasjan Brand sunrescue at kjb.dds.nl
Tue Oct 12 10:39:15 CDT 2004

On Tue, 2004-10-12 at 15:05, Michael Thompson wrote:
> I have a Javastation-1 that I would like to get running. I installed the V1
> software, got it to boot, didn't get the logon working because of NIS
> configuration issues. I installed the V2 software and it reflashed the boot
> ROM to V2.30. Now it TFTPs the boot program, reboots, TFTPs the boot
> program again. The error message was on the screen for such a short time I
> had to make a video of it and replay it frame by frame. It compains about
> an undefined word. It boots and runs the NetBSD and Linux boot programs
> just fine.
>
> Are there any Javastation experts out there?

Don't know about your exact problem, but I've got one running in the
past using a network analyzer tool (ethereal) to decode the
communication between the javastation and the server.

Also, don't panic if all you get to work on the thing is Linux; it's the
only os with which you can still make use of the js: the "factory"
software uses a Java-based X-server which is extremely slow.

Klaasjan