[rescue] New(old) scanner

Eric Webb ttlchaos at randomc.com
Thu Nov 25 10:49:55 CST 2004

On Thursday 25 November 2004 10:43 am, Eric Webb wrote:
> On Wednesday 24 November 2004 03:10 pm, Todd Carson wrote:
> > I'm using SANE to a share an Agfa SCSI scanner that's connected to an HP
> > 712/60 workstation running HP-UX. Once the server is set up, clients
> > only need the SANE network backend to be able to scan from any frontend,
> > like scanimage, xsane, or a GIMP plug-in. I've been able to do this fine
> > from Solaris, Mac OS X, and Windows machines.
>
> Nifty!  Thanks for reminding me to try this again (had dropped it a while
> back).  Got SaneTwain working on the wife's laptop.. she'll be so happy! :P

Hrm, anyone have any tips for scanner->screen->printer calibration?  These are
done individually, but I would really like for what I print to look like what
I see on screen to look like what the original does.  I guess I can print off
some color bars, scan them in and tweak everything until it looks right.

Scanned a photo and it looked fine on screen, but printed very dark.

Happy Thanksgiving, all!

Thanks,
Eric