[rescue] Wanted: SS2 NVRAM

Jochen Kunz jkunz at unixag-kl.fh-kl.de
Thu Nov 25 03:26:58 CST 2004

On Wed, 24 Nov 2004 21:40:41 +0200
Michael-John Turner <mj at turner.org.za> wrote:

> Any tips you could perhaps share on the exercise?
I use a file and file down the half of the top where the battery is
below. I file down until I get to the old battery. The top of the
battery is +. The batterys + wire runs down on the side. I use sharp
knife to prepare it until I can solder a wire to it. I also use the
knife to cut the + wire from the old battery at the top. The - wire of
the battery is GND and GND is pin 12. So I solder an other wire to pin
12 and then the two wires to a new battery. Finaly I use some (two
component preferably) glue to cover the old battery and the soldering
joint again. (And to isolate the new + wire from the + pole of the old
battery.) The new battery gets fixed to the top of the NVRAM chip with
some sticky tape. This makes it easy to reattach a new battery in the
future.
--

tsch|_,
       Jochen