[rescue] Wanted: SS2 NVRAM

Michael-John Turner mj at turner.org.za
Wed Nov 24 13:40:41 CST 2004

On Wed, Nov 24, 2004 at 03:58:32PM +0100, Jochen Kunz wrote:
> You know that you can attach a new battery to the old NVRAM? I've done
> this several times for various sun4c machines.

Yep, I know, but I'm a bit wary of doing it because whenver I have to
resort to using tools I normally break something :)  Re-reading the
NVRAM/hostid FAQ now it seems easier than I remember - think I'll
get myself a 3V Lithium battery and give it a try over the weekend.

Any tips you could perhaps share on the exercise?

-mj
--
Michael-John Turner      | http://mj.turner.org.za/
mj at debian.org            | Open Source in WC ZA - http://www.clug.org.za/