[rescue] Re: scrap sparcbook

Patrick Giagnocavo patrick at mail.zill.net
Wed Nov 10 23:20:47 CST 2004

On Wed, Nov 10, 2004 at 11:13:13PM -0600, Mike Parson wrote:
> Odd thing, when I connect to another box on my net from the Sparcbook
> over the wireless, it shows my connection as coming from the AP's IP,
> not the SB's.  I don't know how normal that is, this is my first real
> playing with wifi stuff.

Your wireless access point can be set up in different modes.  It might
be acting as a NAT router, rather than as a bridge, which you might
prefer.  There are a lot of differences in what each vendor's firmware
supports and how it supports it, however, so bridging may not be an
option on your device.

--Patrick