[rescue] Re: scrap sparcbook

Mike Parson mparson at bl.org
Wed Nov 10 23:13:13 CST 2004

On Thu, Nov 04, 2004 at 10:28:42AM -0600, Mike Hebel wrote:

>>> Did you have any problems running this with WEP 128 enabled?  I'm
>>> having a hell of a time getting it to connect to the network properly.
>>>
>>> I suspect I'm going to have to completely diable WEP to get it to work
>>> or find another solution.
>>
>> To be honest, I've only used it on completely open networks, no WEP,
>> yet.  I just got a Linksys WRT54G (yes, I've put the sveasoft flash on
>> it) for home, but I've got wireless turned off on it right now.  I'll
>> play with it more this weekend, I'll report back with what works and
>> what doesn't.
>
> That would be much appreciated as the WGA11B is small and honestly could
> be battery powered if it tried.  It's a good solution for non-pcmcia
> system like my old RDI Powerlite or my iMac mod project.

Well, I've got it up and going.  I had WEP working when I first set it
up, then I tried to turn off SSID broadcasts on the AP/router and the
link went dead.  It took me a lot of messing around, turning WEP off and
on, etc, then I finally was able to get connected again.  Right now, it
works no WEP.  I'll play with it more this weekend, in the mean time,
I've got MAC filtering turned on.

Odd thing, when I connect to another box on my net from the Sparcbook
over the wireless, it shows my connection as coming from the AP's IP,
not the SB's.  I don't know how normal that is, this is my first real
playing with wifi stuff.

--
Michael Parson
mparson at bl.org