[rescue] Re: scrap sparcbook

Mike Hebel nimitz at nimitzbrood.com
Thu Nov 4 19:18:42 CST 2004

On Thursday, November 4, 2004, at 07:08 PM, velociraptor wrote:

> On Thu, 4 Nov 2004 14:42:48 -0600, Mike Parson <mparson at bl.org> wrote:
>> A friend of mine is (kinda) working on doing this with his old
>> Powerbook Duo and one of the small docks that has ether and scsi with
>> a lot of empty space in it.  Not batter-powered, but have a single,
>> self-contained wireless doc for his PB.
>
> Yay for Franken Macs!

Yep.  I have an 8500 Frankenmac as well as several others.

I dug around and it turns out I do have a completely toast PB 540
battery that has a dead chip in it not just dead cells.  If I weren't
currently converting a DVI->ADC box to pass analog for my 17" ADC Apple
crt monitor I'd be working on that tonight.

I think my WGA11B is suddenly going to be dedicated to the Backbird
Wifi Project. (0)

Mike Hebel
(0) Without a pcmcia card cage that is.
----
"I think we used too much!" - Chris Knight