[rescue] More thoughts on the server situation

Michael Horton Michael.Horton at acntv.com
Tue Nov 2 08:04:13 CST 2004

we use a smc barricade to connect to comcast.
we have had very good service.

our macs (ibook & powerbook at various times)
our windows pcs (all the time)
our sun workstations and servers (~4 years)
our linux pcs (suse, red hat, fedora)

customer service has been relatively good (now they tell us if their
network is having a problem--in the beginning it was our pc, our smc,
etc.).

plus, with their below-basic $9.45 cable tv, we get a discount on
broadband that is more than the cable tv costs.