[rescue] More thoughts on the server situation

Joshua Boyd jdboyd at jdboyd.net
Mon Nov 1 20:41:03 CST 2004

On Mon, Nov 01, 2004 at 06:17:37PM -0500, Dan Sikorski wrote:

> buisness service.  It will pay for itself when you have an outage and
> don't have to deal with a moron asking you to reboot windows.

A lot of unpleasant things can be said about Comcast.  I've said some of
them.  I'm darn unhappy that they keep sending me free installation
offers (with small print qualifications), yet want $5k to hook me up.

However, when I first got their service in my old apartment, I did run
into trouble getting it set up on linux (which ended up being two
issues, one was my own fault, the other wasn't), and the lady I got on
tech support helped me out, but qualified her help by saying they didn't
support anything but Windows/Mac.

In the two months I had that service, it worked quite well.  It wasn't
until I moved that I started having complaints about them.

--
Joshua D. Boyd
jdboyd at jdboyd.net
http://www.jdboyd.net/