[rescue] More thoughts on the server situation

Phil Stracchino alaric at caerllewys.net
Mon Nov 1 18:00:42 CST 2004

On Mon, Nov 01, 2004 at 06:17:37PM -0500, Dan Sikorski wrote:
> I'd seriously consider buisness class service if i were you.  I know for
> a fact that Verizon's buisness DSL customers get QOS prioritized traffic
> over residential customers.

Speaking of Verizon, all y'all know that Verizon just commercially
rolled out fiber to the desktop, right? I don't know the service area,
but for those of you who can get it, it's $40 a month for (iirc) rated 5
megabits down, 2 up, $50 for 15 down, 2 up, or $200 for 30 down, 5 up.

That's consumer grade, oif course.  Dunno if there's a matching
business-level offering.  I *so* wish we could get that here ....  but
more, I hope it or something comparable is available wherever it is we
go when we blow this hellhole.

--
  ========== Fight Back!  It may not be just YOUR life at risk. ==========
  alaric at caerllewys.net : phil-stracchino at earthlink.net : phil at novylen.net