[rescue] More thoughts on the server situation

Dan Sikorski me at dansikorski.com
Mon Nov 1 17:17:37 CST 2004

Bill Bradford wrote:

>On Mon, Nov 01, 2004 at 01:21:11AM +0000, Alex White wrote:
>

>>Hmm. Is it billed as a "business-class" connection?
>>

>They have "business" service available, but I'm looking at the residential
>offerings:

I'd seriously consider buisness class service if i were you.  I know for
a fact that Verizon's buisness DSL customers get QOS prioritized traffic
over residential customers.  Even if you don't think that's worth it to
you, my experience (once again, with Verizon) is that the phone support
people that you get with buisness service is vastly superior to home
service support.  It's still not as good as my experince with frame
relay and T1 support, but much improved over residential support.  If
downtime is a problem (which i would assume that you feel it is), get
buisness service.  It will pay for itself when you have an outage and
don't have to deal with a moron asking you to reboot windows.

    -Dan Sikorski