[rescue] FrameMaker FYI (MS crap)

Wes Will wwill at siu.edu
Mon Mar 29 14:45:14 CST 2004

>last year make the purchase of VMware by EMC a lot more

Sure way to make your helpdesk software acquisition drone who happens to be
a staunch M$ fan very upset.

Take the VMWare software he gives you, install it under WinXP just as
directed, install Win98 and Win2k on there too, for troubleshooting those
client problems, and then immediately install Linux in the spare part of
the drive.  Boot to Linux virtual machine in XP via VMWare emulator and
never, ever crash again.  Smile while drone-boy goes "wibble."

He tried to make me uninstall it, but can't come up with a coherent reason
why.

I smile.  I keep giving out Linux distro CD's for anyone that wants them.
He keeps telling me to stop bringing people over to the dark side.  I keep
smiling and burning CD's.

--
wes will