[rescue] Retracting bids on ebay.

Lionel Peterson lionel4287 at verizon.net
Mon Mar 29 10:13:19 CST 2004

> From: Phil Stracchino <alaric at caerllewys.net>
> Date: 2004/03/29 Mon PM 02:07:36 GMT
> To: The Rescue List <rescue at sunhelp.org>
> Subject: Re: [rescue] Retracting bids on ebay.

> > http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3085632342
>
> If he retracted a bid for the sake of a dollar, after
> already having been outbid *anyway*, I'd say it's a
> pretty strong indication of shilling going on.  You
> might want to contact eBay.

Then again, each account has several hundred purchases against them, and not one negative note. I might suggest just letting it go - it's only ten pounds, and you won - right? It might be interesting to send the buyer a note - he did also buy an SS/20 with 20" monitor for 63 pounds, so they may be a kindred spirit - you could make a new friend. ;^)