[rescue] FrameMaker FYI

Peter Corlett abuse at cabal.org.uk
Thu Mar 25 17:47:56 CST 2004

Dave McGuire <mcguire at neurotica.com> wrote:
> On Mar 25, 2004, at 6:26 PM, Peter Corlett wrote:
[...]
>> Oh, and the machine in question is apparently running Windows 97. I'm
>> just not going there.
> Why be polite about it? Most people won't actually *listen* unless you
> whack them upside the head...either with rudeness, or with a bat.

It's a relative that I would otherwise like to keep speaking to, ta.

I suggested to her that if she was concerned about the machine being full of
viruses and stuff as soon as it's connected to the Internet[0], tipping it
on eBay and getting a Mac was the way forwards. Alas, the force is strong
with that one.

[0] Remember when we'd just laugh at the possibility of being infected
    without doing anything? Thanks a lot, Mr. Gates.

--
Optimist:  There is a light at the end of the tunnel.
Pessimist: ... it is an oncoming train.