Wordstar (was [rescue] FrameMaker_

N. Miller vraptor at promessage.com
Wed Mar 24 11:57:57 CST 2004

On Tue, 23 Mar 2004 18:05:10 -0600, "William Barnett-Lewis"
<wlewis at mailbag.com> said:
> Ah, Wordstar. I still love that program. After using pirated copies for
> way too long, I finally got a decent paying job and bought a copy of
> Wordstar 7.0D for Dos. Probably just about the last copy they sold
> too... ;'p

Wordstar is the reason I prefer emacs to vi.  Doing ctrl+some letter(s) |
meta+
some letter(s) makes more sense to my hands and my brain than
"colon+some letter meaning something+[optional slash + etc | $ ]"

Funny how our original interactions with the UI of a computer or
application
color all that come after.  Part of the reason I stick to certain apps
now
on the Mac and PC has to do with the divergence of UI elements.  My
favorite thing about PuTTY, for example, is that middle-click paste "just
works" in the Windows UI.

=Nadine=

--
  N. Miller