[rescue] Typing in programs from magazines

Samuel Kopel kopel at vex.net
Mon Mar 22 09:16:58 CST 2004

On Mon, 22 Mar 2004, Lionel Peterson wrote:

> It would probably work for the flexible records Kilobyte magazine used
> to include (the "floppy" record was a concession to the agony of typing
> in software, and the problems involved with including a cassette with a
> magazine)

I don't remember a magazine that came with a record. I do remember a
magazine that had all the programs as barcodes in the back of the
magazine. I guess you could just take the barcode reader and enter in the
program. Nobody I knew owned a barcode reader. Very few people I know own
them decades later. Does anybody know what magazine had the barcodes?

Sam