[rescue] HP 700/rx monitor

Sheldon T. Hall shel at cmhcsys.com
Sat Mar 20 20:59:48 CST 2004

 Steve Sandau says ...
[ I said ]
> > After you get the monitor set up, the real fun begins: getting
> > it to boot.
> >
> I've has *that* fun already! I think it was easier for me since I had
> set up an install server for HP-UX 10.20. I think some of the server
> setup was similar. So, it boots, and I can change hosts pretty easily. I
> have had it connecting to a couple of HP boxes, a Linx box and a couple
> of Suns. It's a really convenient way to get graphics on a headless box.

Heh.  Mine doesn't boot.

Actually, the 700/rx boots, downloads its code, and presents a grey screen,
but that's all.

I have it set to directly connect to my Sun LX (Solaris 7) and this used to
work, three years ago.  Doubtless I've turned something off on the Sun the
700/rx needs, but what?

Your turn to supply a clue!

Shel