[rescue] HP 700/rx monitor

Sheldon T. Hall shel at cmhcsys.com
Sat Mar 20 20:47:36 CST 2004

Steve Sandau writes ...

> What I really wonder now is how I get the original settings back if I
> find this one doesn't work. Ah, well. Time to be brave... Here goes.
>
> Hey, it works! WooHoo! Thank you Shel!

There are "Factory Defaults" buttons on most of the setup panels, but, given
the amount of time it took me to make this one work, I ain't touching 'em.

Your mention of all this made me drag mine out ... and, sure enough, it's
set to "HP D1195A (SVGA)" which claims "1024 x 768 60 Hz Color 105 dpi
Digital Sync".  The actual monitor is a NEC MultiSync 3FGe, which,
regardless of the name, is a pretty nothing-special SVGA monitor.

-Shel