[rescue] Part Numbers (was: New subscriber...)

Lionel Peterson lionel4287 at verizon.net
Fri Mar 19 12:58:59 CST 2004

> From: Dave McGuire <mcguire at neurotica.com>
> Date: 2004/03/19 Fri PM 06:40:39 GMT
> To: The Rescue List <rescue at sunhelp.org>
> Subject: Re: [rescue] Part Numbers (was:  New subscriber...)

>    Really...how difficult is it to do a Google
> search for "sun 501-1234"?

I'd like to see a phone-browsable Sun (and other Mfg.) part number, where you "browse" to the page, enter the part #, and up comes a 3 or 4 line message (tailored to phone displays) describing the part...

The problem with "googling" from a cell phone is the part numbers also look like phone numbers, and you can get a few odd ball hits the first few you look at (which are easy to overlook on a normal display, since you get the synopsis/quote for each link)...

Just a thought... Heck, there are several sites with the data already, all they need is a trivial front end that puts out either HTML or WML, depending on browser type...

I keep an old E.L.I. ad in my stash of SBUS/MBUS boards, since all the common Sun part # are listed with short descriptions...