[rescue] Suggestions for vendor of external 5" FireWire case

William Enestvedt William.Enestvedt at jwu.edu
Fri Mar 19 12:57:26 CST 2004

Josh Boyd asked:

> I didn't realize that iDVD wouldn't work on that machine.  Bummer.
>
> Is that for any G3 apple, or just iMacs that it won't work on?  I
> thought they had been shipping G3 notebooks with DVD burners...

   Mea culpa: it appears to be the current iLife installer that blows
you off if your system only has a G3. It looks like Toast will do some
of this for you, and I also saw pinters to the Sizzle software at:
http://dsl092-130-211.chi1.dsl.speakeasy.net/~hmason/sizzle/ also,
Charismac's Discribe does DVS, and it nly requires a G3:
http://www.charismac.com/Products/Discribe/discribedata.html
   Maybe I'll wait until my birthday and ask for a case and some
software -- unless someone wants ot make a swap for an external 2GB Jaz
drive with five or six discs...?
   Thanks again, everyone.
-wde
--