[rescue] Data General DG/UX box

William Barnett-Lewis wlewis at mailbag.com
Mon Mar 15 11:09:12 CST 2004

DG/UX is a very plain and straight forward Sys V R4.0 port. Very easy to
deal with if you have any Sys V experience. The connector is probably
monochrome video - does the machine still say which model of Aviion it
is? If it's a 500, it could be a fairly fun multiprocessor capable
graphics workstation.

Enjoy, I always liked working with DG Aviions. They were solid,
reliable, and faster than the clock would indicate. They still can be a
good work group server - I ran an Ingres 6.4 installation for over 10
years on one serving up to 20 users at a time. Only down times were due
to a disk wearing out and a lightning strike that got to it through a
improperly grounded wiring job done about 6 months before. Took out the
parallel port so we simply put the laserjet on ethernet and carried on.

William
--
Live like you will never die, love like you've never been hurt, dance
like no-one is watching.