[rescue] Thanks for the GCC help

Geoffrey S. Mendelson gsm at mendelson.com
Sat Mar 13 23:36:18 CST 2004

Thanks for your suggestions, I could not coax gcc to produce the module I needed
and decided to download the "free" Sun compiler 60 day trial.

I started the download and went off for an oldtime sysadmin snack,
cold pizza and warm coke. :-) When I came back, it was almost compeltely
downloaded and I started the install and went to bed.

It downloaded at almost 80kbytes a second for the entire 260meg, which is
nothing short of amazing on a Saturday night in Israel.

This morning when I got up it was there and working, so I compiled the
kernel mod with it and it installed.

I don't like being dependent upon something that expires in 59 days, so
I'll get the latest GCC from sunfreeware (thank you Steven M. Christensen,
if you are reading this) and get play with it later.

Thanks,

Geoff.

Geoffrey S. Mendelson gsm at mendelson.com
I've watched "The Passion". It's the worst version of MacBeth I've ever seen.