[rescue] withdrawn:: re: absinthe available for rescue'ers ....

Francisco Javier Mesa-Martinez lefa at ucsc.edu
Wed Mar 10 04:12:30 CST 2004

On Wed, 10 Mar 2004, Patrick Giagnocavo +1.717.201.3366 wrote:

> My sister came from Spain with some contraband - "jamon serrano"
> ... they confiscated it, but that was all.

The trick is to pack it (Jamon) airtight, they usually do it at the stores
on special request (all you have to do is wash the container with dish
detergent and them customs doggies won't be able to sniff it. That maybe
the only thing I am willing to risk prision time cuz I can not live w/o that
stuff.

> Now if absinthe could be turned into ecstacy, crystal meth, or
> depleted uranium - my butt would definitely be in a sling

I have had mixed experiences entering the US during the past 2 years, so I
just try to keep things simple and easy. Sometimes the dudes are
knowledgeableand they know that some cold cuts from the ol' world are not
anything to freak about, and then I had one time that the person
in the customs went all paranoid on me and I had to spend 2 hrs chatting
to a few agents about what were in the 2 bottles I was carrying with me
(homemade liquor that I got as a gift) which was rather scary, cuz you
never know.

Sorry to ask this, but why is all that stuff illegal in this country, I am
not much of a drinker so I don't know why exactly that stuff could be
considered bad (other than if you drink lots of it you get some minor
"trips").