[rescue] suitability for use question

Nadine Miller vraptor at promessage.com
Sat Mar 6 19:51:05 CST 2004

Curtis H. Wilbar Jr. wrote:

> Is notlame the better of the three encoders ?  What bitrate... I
> was originally thinking 128K, but am now thinking 192K (for MP3
> anyway).  What about VBR ?  use it or avoid it ?

I'd test the devices you have with VBR before deciding
no/no-go for encoding w/VBR.  I have an older DVD/
MP3 player that doesn't like VBR.  (If it wasn't for
the player's ability to change regions w/out limit-
ations, I'd ditch it, since it also glitches on about
5% of the DVDs I put in it.  I end up using the PS2
when that happens.)

=Nadine=