[rescue] Re: Are Sun A5x00 arrays fabric compatible?

ghub005 ghub005 at xtra.co.nz
Wed Jun 30 11:06:30 CDT 2004

On 1 Jul 2004, at 03:10, Dan Duncan wrote:

On Wed, 30 Jun 2004, ghub005 wrote:
When I direct-attach the A5100 to a 280r server the luxadm utility picks up
the disks with no problems. However when I put the array onto a Brocade
2800, luxadm can no longer see the disks from the 280r.

Do you have it zoned so that it can see it?

-DanD

Yep. There is a single zone defined on the 2800, and the zone contains every
single switch port. The switch is known to be working as it formerly had a
Dell/Clariion array on it and the 280r could see that with no difficulty.

Regards,

Gavin