[rescue] Re: [geeks] ANYONE WANT A GMAIL ACCOUNT?

Kurt Mosiejczuk kurt at csh.rit.edu
Tue Jun 29 13:44:16 CDT 2004

On Sat, 26 Jun 2004, Charles Shannon Hendrix wrote:

> > * Ctrl in the right place (where caps lock usually is)

> Yes!  What moron moved it to the bottom row where it is so hard to use?
> I can hit ALT/META with my thumbs, but CTRL is always hard for me to
> reach.

I'm torn on it now.  I've adapted to where it is placed on a PeeCee
keyboard now and just use the part of my hand just below the pinky
joint to turn on control.

I'm not convinced it's worse since I can still use all 4 fingers for the keys
while holding down the control key.

And actually, having caps lock down below tends to bug me now since I tend
to accidentally hit it occasionally with my hand.  Hitting control
occasionally by accident doesn't cause a problem since it is not a toggle...

--Kurt