[rescue] Re: [geeks] ANYONE WANT A GMAIL ACCOUNT?

Peter Corlett abuse at cabal.org.uk
Sat Jun 26 15:22:34 CDT 2004

Charles Shannon Hendrix <shannon at widomaker.com> wrote:
[...]
> Where would you put ~/` then? I also learned on keyboard with ESC
> where ~ is, but it also had terrible ~ placement. I've not yet
> worked out where I'd like to put ~.

UK keyboards have more keys than US ones. They tend to shorten the
left shift to squeeze a key between it and Z, and also cut out a
key-shaped hole from the enter key to get one between it and the
apostrophe.

On my PC, tilde appears on shift-new-key-next-to enter. On the Mac,
it's shift-new-key-next-to-shift.

The key next to 1 generates backtick, or the useless EBCDIC hangover
not sign (now lurking at position 172 in ISO-8859-1).

[...]
> What is hyper and super?

More meta keys. I think somebody's after a Space Cadet keyboard :)

--
PGP key ID E85DC776 - finger abuse at mooli.org.uk for full key