[rescue] NS FIP 3.3 boot floppy images?

Skeezics Boondoggle skeezics at q7.com
Sat Jun 26 01:51:05 CDT 2004

Hey, y'all --

Tonight I was inspired to fix up my Canon object.station 41, which I was
dismayed to find out was booting up Windows 95... ack!

I've got my own copies of NS3.0, 3.1, 3.2, 3.3 and Openstep 4.2 - but the
only Intel boot floppy I can find is from 3.1, and it's a bit flaky.  It
couldn't find the CD-ROM drive at target 6 (the BusLogic controller finds
it just fine) so I stuck a gen-u-ine black NeXT (Sony) drive at target 4,
and the kernel can't recognize that one either.  It prompts for "root
device?" and then panics regardless of which device name I enter (the
tray-loading drive stolen from an old Compaq OR the NeXT drive).

I've googled around for floppy images, but "enterprise.apple.com" seems to
have gone away completely??

While I continue my search, perhaps some kind soul might direct me to the
NS3.3 for Intel boot & drivers floppy images... either by link or email
attachment...

(Or I might attempt to set up a network install on my Turbo Color, which
could be fun. :-)

Thanks,

-- Chris