[rescue] Anyone got any spare change?

Ethan O'Toole ethan at 757tech.net
Wed Jun 23 11:13:18 CDT 2004

> For the same money, and some more auctions like this 99-cent Ultra 2,
> you could build an equivalent cluster!
> http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=51239&item=570626
> 7228&rd=1
> -wde

I think there was an E10k a while ago with 12 CPUs that went for sub-$3k.

I lowballed my 16 proc Origin 2000 via eBay for something like $1500, then
ended up selling the gigE + PCI->XIO thing for $800-900 to help cover
costs.

Pretty rare that I luck out that good.

> Johnson & Wales University -- Providence, RI

w0rd. You have a location in my region (Norfolk, Virginia) for the time
being. I know people that have attended.

--
: www.757tech.com  757 Technologies  (757)233-9460