[rescue] Tektronix Phaser 840 plus

Andrew Weiss ajwdsp at cloud9.net
Thu Jun 17 16:48:55 CDT 2004

On Jun 16, 2004, at 10:18 PM, Thomas Gallaway wrote:

> Crap! Well it seems like the black jets are okay. Also the blue and
> yellow. Just the red one has
> about 5 not working jets and maybe 7 half working jets. I am running
> true the third cleaning light
> stripes test now.

If the print head isn't dead you should be good.  If it is or needs
work, they're like $1300.

You also should never adjust certain aspects of the printhead without
the special diagnostic cable, the head to drum gap adjuster, the
service manual, and the diagnostic floppy.  It's much better to replace
this printer with an 860 or newer at some point because A. they waste
much less ink B. the diagnostics are onboard.

If you are going to use the printer, don't turn it off often. (They're
meant to run all the time or they clean themselves too much)

Andrew