[rescue] Tektronix Phaser 840 plus

James james at jdfogg.com
Thu Jun 17 06:23:03 CDT 2004

> One good thing
> too is that the wax is
> way more environmental than laserprinters. That's why I really want to
> get this sucker up and
> running for my printer at home.
>
> -- Thomas

What would be toxic in toner? Black toner consists of carbon and a low-temp
melting plastic powder. Colored toner would have nearly the same dyes as
colored waxes used in phasers. Phaser waxes have low-temp melting plastic
poweders too, to make them stable at higher temps once on a page. I've
breathed lots of toner dust over the years when I serviced ultra high-speed
laser printers (actually they were photocopiers with modified optics), and I
know others who have too and we haven't died of cancer yet.