[rescue] Q: Trying to get a UPA Creator to work in an Ultra 2

Kurt Mosiejczuk kurt at csh.rit.edu
Sat Jun 12 15:56:12 CDT 2004

On Sat, 12 Jun 2004, Lionel Peterson wrote:

> I'm trying to install a Sun Creator card (501-2633) in an Ultra 2 with two 167
> MHz CPUs, and I'm having a problem.

> When I put the FB in the U2, I get no signal (I haven't hooked a terminal up
> yet, as a TGX works fine). I suspect there is a jumper somewhere to accomodate
> "fast" or "slow" FBs (there are 67 and 75 MHz Creators, this is a 67 MHz
> version)...

> Is there such a jumper? Any suggestions to try?

You might try the serial terminal.  I killed a UPA creator once when putting
it into a U1E.  I bent a couple pins which made the U1E not even want to
post, just spit a quick error message to the serial port.  Unlike Sbus cards
the UPA cards seem fairly fragile.

Of course, it could be something else, but you might want to rule out
my scenario =)

--Kurt