[rescue] Q: Trying to get a UPA Creator to work in an Ultra 2

Lionel Peterson lionel4287 at verizon.net
Sat Jun 12 09:13:12 CDT 2004

Hello all,

I'm trying to install a Sun Creator card (501-2633) in an Ultra 2 with two 167
MHz CPUs, and I'm having a problem.

When I put the FB in the U2, I get no signal (I haven't hooked a terminal up
yet, as a TGX works fine). I suspect there is a jumper somewhere to accomodate
"fast" or "slow" FBs (there are 67 and 75 MHz Creators, this is a 67 MHz
version)...

Is there such a jumper? Any suggestions to try?

It is possible the Creator FB is dead, but it was pulled working from an Ultra
1E (speed unknown now)... I really think the speed is the key...

Thanks in advance,

Lionel
lionel 4287 at verizon net