[rescue] Rows of buttons in xmessage

Phil Stracchino alaric at caerllewys.net
Mon Jun 7 12:51:37 CDT 2004

On Mon, Jun 07, 2004 at 07:59:26AM -0400, Linc Fessenden wrote:
> On Sun, 6 Jun 2004, Phil Stracchino wrote:
>
> > On Sun, Jun 06, 2004 at 02:59:02PM -0700, Sheldon T. Hall wrote:
> > > Is there a way to get xmessage to show more than one row of buttons?  I have
> > > too many buttons to show on one line.
> >
> > Not without hacking xmessage.
> >
> > I started doing this once, but found it to be a total pain in the ass
> > because you don't know in advance how big the buttons are going to be.
> >
> > > Failing that, what else could I use to provide a clicky-clicky interface to
> > > a number of choices on a dynamic list?
>
> Take a look at Xdialog.  I use it all the time and love it :-)
>
> -Linc Fessenden

Is there some undocumented way of getting Xdialog to put more than one control
(aside from the existing predefined multiple-control groups) into a single
window?

--
  ========== Fight Back!  It may not be just YOUR life at risk. ==========
  alaric at caerllewys.net : phil-stracchino at earthlink.net : phil at novylen.net