[rescue] ECU for AlphaServer 1000A 4/266 ?

Jochen Kunz jkunz at unixag-kl.fh-kl.de
Mon Jun 7 10:38:42 CDT 2004

On Mon, 7 Jun 2004 14:29:42 +0200
"Gutschner, Marc" <marc.gutschner at itandfactory.com> wrote:

> Currenty the machines complains about an invalid EISA config and wants
> me to run the ECU. I've been "Googleing" around for a few hours and it
> appears that this ECU is near unobtainium on the net. Does some kind
> soul have an ECU floppy that he/she can make an image from, so that I
> can revive this machine?
You should be able to use an ECU disk from an other Alpha machine. It
will not work, most likely, because of missing machine speciffic EISA
config files. But the ECU will tell you what files you need to put onto
the disk. Plug the file name into google and...

> At the moment, this beast runs NetBSD without any problems. But as
> soon as I try to install either OpenVMS or Tru64 (5.0 or 5.1A) it
> starts to boot and crashes immediately after loading the "kernel" :-/
I am quite sure that there where never EISA cards in those machines and
I booted Tru64 5.1A on the "sister" of your machine to single user. So I
am a bit surprised that your machine has an invalid EISA NVRAM. Maybe a
dead battery?
--

tsch|_,
       Jochen