[rescue] ECU for AlphaServer 1000A 4/266 ?

Gutschner, Marc marc.gutschner at itandfactory.com
Mon Jun 7 07:29:42 CDT 2004

Hi!

I've recently added an AlphaServer 1000A 4/266 to my collection. Since the system was accompanied by an HSD30 and a couple of disk shelves, I'm would like to install OpenVMS on this beast, since DSSI is only supported in "Very Much Strange".

Currenty the machines complains about an invalid EISA config and wants me to run the ECU. I've been "Googleing" around for a few hours and it appears that this ECU is near unobtainium on the net. Does some kind soul have an ECU floppy that he/she can make an image from, so that I can revive this machine?

At the moment, this beast runs NetBSD without any problems. But as soon as I try to install either OpenVMS or Tru64 (5.0 or 5.1A) it starts to boot and crashes immediately after loading the "kernel" :-/

MTIA,

Marc