[rescue] External Jazz Drive suppply/cartridges/info wanted

Curtis H. Wilbar Jr. rescue at hawkmountain.net
Fri Jun 4 10:18:19 CDT 2004

On Fri, 2004-06-04 at 10:31, William Enestvedt wrote:
> Curt asked:
> >
> > Anyone have an external Jazz power supply.
> >
>    I have one, which you saw last weekend. :7) Is there anything I can
> tell about it with cracking it open?

If the power supply has a wiring and voltage diagram, that would
be useful.

>    Have you considered mounting it in an internal bay or something? Does
> it have a SCSI- or IDE connector?

It is SCSI (inside and out).

I tested it by 'mounting it' internally (I didn't actually mount it).

Problem is that the bare drive has no faceplate, as it is part of
the front of the external enclosure.

> > Also, anyone got any 1G cartridges ?  I'm looking for
> > cheap cheap... as 1G is pretty small by today's standards
> > so I'm not looking to dump much money into this.
> >
>    You know, I don't think Jaz carts *ever* got very cheap. An outfit
> calle pcmall.com wants $95 each, and CompUseless asks an appalling $286
> for a three-pack! You may want to troll the LEM lists looking for
> someone selling off an old stash.

I've definately seen them used for far far far far less....

>    I have a few new ones, but they're 2GB units. Sorry. :7(

wouldn't mind a 2G jazz drive... but this one was free... so
it started at the right price :-)