[rescue] External Jazz Drive suppply/cartridges/info wanted

William Enestvedt William.Enestvedt at jwu.edu
Fri Jun 4 09:31:03 CDT 2004

Curt asked:

> Anyone have an external Jazz power supply.

   I have one, which you saw last weekend. :7) Is there anything I can
tell about it with cracking it open?
   Have you considered mounting it in an internal bay or something? Does
it have a SCSI- or IDE connector?

> Also, anyone got any 1G cartridges ?  I'm looking for
> cheap cheap... as 1G is pretty small by today's standards
> so I'm not looking to dump much money into this.

   You know, I don't think Jaz carts *ever* got very cheap. An outfit
calle pcmall.com wants $95 each, and CompUseless asks an appalling $286
for a three-pack! You may want to troll the LEM lists looking for
someone selling off an old stash.
   I have a few new ones, but they're 2GB units. Sorry. :7(
-wde
--
Will Enestvedt
UNIX System Administrator