[rescue] SGI Crimson boot sequence?

Caleb Shay caleb at webninja.com
Thu Jun 3 09:42:54 CDT 2004

Francois Dion wrote:

> I tried this:
> boot dksx(1,2,8)sash.IP17   (I actually guessed that part as I knew I
> had an IP17 not an IP4 as the example was showing).
>
> I got:
> open(dksc(1,2,8)sash) failed, errno=2      unable to load
> dksc(1,2,8)sash: file nout found.

Have you tried "ls dksc(1,2,8)" and "ls dksc(1,2,7)" ?  yes, that really
does work.  Also, are these original IRIX cds?  I've seen several cases
of burned cds where the burner didn't know how to properly copy an efs
cd and they didn't realize the cd had multiple partitions.  sash is on a
partition you don't normally see when mounting a cd.