[rescue] U10 IDE? (Sun PCi thoughts)

Lionel Peterson lionel4287 at verizon.net
Wed Jun 2 11:14:28 CDT 2004

> From: Matthew Braun <rescue at leydenjar.com>
> Date: 2004/06/02 Wed PM 03:17:43 GMT
> To: rescue at sunhelp.org
> Subject: Re: [rescue] U10 IDE?
> I was thinking about being perverse and trying to
> run Solarisx86  on the Penguin... (actually, no, just WinXP so I can
> fool around with DBDesigner and PowerDesigner).

To install WinXP my be tricky, I think you might need to install Win2000 Pro, then upgrade to WinXP - a straight WinXP install may not be possible, due to driver issues (the upgrade might retain the custom Win2000 Pro drivers) - remember, this is not a plain vanilla PC on a card (for example, no local IDE controller hardware)...

Later SunPCi cards directly support WinXP, IIRC...