[rescue] U10 IDE? (and possibly "NetApp home users")

Patrick Finnegan pat at computer-refuge.org
Wed Jun 2 00:50:36 CDT 2004

Ishtar666 declared on Wednesday 02 June 2004 12:28 am:
> On Tue, 1 Jun 2004 18:57:47 -0400, you wrote:
> >You can get 23gb full height SCSI drives for *$2.99* *NEW* online.
> > Think, a 1TB SCSI array for under $200. (If space is of no concern)
>
> I don't suppose you'd have a link handy for those, would you?  $3 is
> something even I can afford.

Buyer beware, there was some talk about the seller on here before.. also,
the shipping on the drive is several times what the drive alone costs
(something reduculous like $15 per drive IIRC).  BTW, by "full height"
he means 5.25" wide FH not 3.5" wide 1.6" tall...  They also have 47GB
drives in the same formfactor for about $10 last I checked (+ excessive
fixed-rate shipping).

Of course, I can't remember what the seller was, either.  I do remember,
however, that they were listed on pricewatch, and had some significant
negative feedback.

Pat
--
Purdue University ITAP/RCS        --- http://www.itap.purdue.edu/rcs/