[rescue] A Question about Snap Servers

Phil Stracchino alaric at caerllewys.net
Sat Jul 31 16:07:17 CDT 2004

On Sat, Jul 31, 2004 at 07:16:12PM +0100, bitrot wrote:
> does anyone have a nice SIMPLE way of setting up raid 1
> on solaris 9.  i think disksuite or meta* is just a complete
> pile of shit compared to some other software raid solutions.

Then go use the "other software raid solutions".

Disksuite (or whatever Sun is currently calling it) is what comes with
Solaris, it's one of the best and most robust software RAID solutions
out there that won't get you into a $20,000 license fee, and it works
just fine.  There's a documented procedure for setting up raid1 boot on
Solaris, and it basically takes about ten minutes plus however long your
machine takes to do a reboot and a metadevice sync.

I can even provide you with a URL to the procedure, if you can bring
yourself to use "a complete pile of shit".

--
  ========== Fight Back!  It may not be just YOUR life at risk. ==========
  alaric at caerllewys.net : phil-stracchino at earthlink.net : phil at novylen.net