[rescue] SunHELP News: New server coming soon

Corey corey at phix.com
Thu Jan 29 20:13:11 CST 2004

> What is the Veritas license for?  File system?

Yes. Veritas automatically detects the
presence of the A5x00 at boot and
generates a license..

# vxlicense -p

vrts:vxlicense: INFO: Feature name: PHOTON [98]
vrts:vxlicense: INFO: Number of licenses: 99
vrts:vxlicense: INFO: Expiration date: No expiration date
vrts:vxlicense: INFO: Release Level: 20
vrts:vxlicense: INFO: Machine Class: 334147806

The only limitation is that it won't allow
RAID 0+1 or 5 on the E3000's *internal* drives
(simple mirroring only) but that's not really
a problem for me since I just use the whole
127GB array as my Veritas playground.

---corey