[rescue] OT: Coffee in .uk

Francisco Javier Mesa-Martinez lefa at ucsc.edu
Thu Jan 29 01:56:14 CST 2004

On Wed, 28 Jan 2004, Lionel Peterson wrote:

> Like many other beverages, it has an intended serving temperature
> range, and in the UK, ice seems to be too precious a commodity to waste
> on common beverages...

That is pretty common accross Europe, probably because the servings are
smaller and Euros tend to think that they payed for coke not ice. In the
US the servings are bigger, but it seems that 80% of the glass' volume is
actually ice. Also most Europeans do not seem to like ice cold beverages,
I guess different taste. The Euro versions of coke and pepsi are also
different from the US counterparts (I find them a tad less sweet which I
like). Again this may be to cater the different tastes, for example American
chocolate stuffs tend to be overly sweet, whereas I tend to miss the less
sweet Chocolate products from back home.